Thursday, December 20, 2007

We're proud to announce...

Polly has puppies!!





I (Miriam) had to go into work for a little while on Wednesday and received a call from Mike that "Polly was acting funny" but that he had to leave for an appointment. So, as soon as I finished my conference call, I hurried home. When I drove up, Polly met me at the door barking. It was like she was saying, "Hurry up, come see!!

I walked in and found that she already had 2 puppies on her own before I had gotten home! They were so small and making little noises. Shortly after that, #3 arrived. The next 5 puppies arrived about 20-30 minutes apart with a couple only 10 or so minutes apart. So, 8 puppies! I emailed the news and cleaned up her area and put down fresh towels and sheets. I was sitting with her and just watching the puppies and to our surprise - out came another one - #9!! She came about 2 hours after #8. So, the final count is 9 - 3 boys and 6 girls.

Mike was able to finally see them when he got home around 6:30 and could not believe it! We have just been watching them and touching them. I slept in the living room nearby last night and would wake up at the little noises that the puppies made. They just walk and flip over each other and lay all over each other.

I'll try to post pictures of them every few days.

No comments: