Saturday, November 22, 2008

1st Snow of 2008 & Blue's 1st Snow!

Tuesday brought a few flurries during the day but nothing to really speak of. I have never lived in a place that could even imagine seeing snow before Christmas, much less Thanksgiving. But...

Friday morning, Mike got up with Polly and Blue around 6:15 and came back to the bedroom and said "Hon, you might want to check outside." Which translates to "MIRIAM, IT SNOWED LAST NIGHT!!!" to me. So, I quickly forgot that I was tired and wanted those last 15 minutes of sleep and jumped out of bed. To my surprise, the ground was covered in snow and it was still coming down pretty hard. So, I pulled up the blinds in our room, Polly and Blue snuggled in the bed with us, and I just watched it come down for a while before I finally had to get up and get ready for work. Yeah, one of the bad things about being grown up and working for a bank is that you still have to go to work. They were fine. In fact, once I hit the Durham Co. line, there was no snow to be seen! I couldn't believe that we had gotten close to 1 inch at home and nothing was left at work.

Well, before I left for work, I got a few pictures of Polly and Blue. This was Blue's first snow where he was old enough to go outside. Last year when it snowed a little, he was only 4 weeks old so he wasn't heading outdoors yet. It was so funny to see him with the snow though. He would just eat it off the deck and then went to the yard and would just eat it from the ground. He wasn't really phased with the cold temps...he just LOVES to be outside and the snow brought a new fun thing to explore.

Of course, the temps rose during the day and melted all of the snow so when I got home, I had to break the news to Polly and Blue that all of the snow was gone. No fun playing in the snow...but MAYBE there is more to come this season??? We hope!

Here are a few pictures of Blue's and 2008's 1st snow:

BubbleShare: Share photos - Craft Ideas

1 comment:

Bran said...

I love the dogprints i the snow picture