Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Way...

On my way home from the party this weekend, I decided to stop by Mom and Dad's old house in Augusta. The last time I was there, they were still the owners. Most of the familiar furniture was still there. I could always count on the glasses to be right beside the sink, towels to be in a basket in the guest room, and most importantly, the bathroom right inside the front door to be waiting for me after a long trip! This time was different...I couldn't drive up in the driveway or back up over the grass on my way out (sorry Dad!). I couldn't just barge in the front door and Mom and Dad most certainly were not waiting for my arrival in the sunroom. This time was different...




As I was driving out of the neighborhood and back out to I-20, a familiar song was playing on the radio that I thought was very appropriate. It goes like this:



God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way.
He works in ways we cannot see;
He will make a way for me.



He will be my guide;
Hold me closely to His side.
With love and strength for each new day,
He will make a way.


God will make a way.


You see, my parents have wanted to be missionaries to the people of Guatemala for many years and have prayed for God to open that door. He was working in ways that we could not see and made them wait until now, this time. You see, GOD MADE A WAY!

Mom and Dad are in their last trimester of language school
and will be graduating in less than 1 month. They move to Guatemala, their new home, on April 25. God made a way, where there seemed to be no way. He worked in ways that they could not see
. He made a way!

2 comments:

MillerMissions said...

What a wonderful encouragement, Miriam! You have walked with us through the journey so you know well the reality of the way God has made a way. We are confident that He who has begun His good work will continue that work through His faithfulness (Philippians 1:6) in us and in you and Mike.
We love you,
Dad

David and Rebecca said...

in the future, please refrain from posting things like this...at least not without a disclaimer that lets me know to skip the post!!!