Wednesday, September 28, 2011

New Adventure...

I admit I have NEVER been a runner...never enjoyed it...hated each minute I was doing it...you get the picture. The thing is that I really would like to be one of those people who can actually do a 5k and feel like I wasn't dying through the whole thing. I've been hearing about this plan called Couch to 5k and I wondered if it was for me. It is a 9 week plan and even has podcasts that you download for each week that tell you when to run, walk, etc. with music in the background. You run for 3 days with rest days in between each week.

So, friends, I am finished with week 1 and I have to report that it wasn't too bad. Even though they are a little cheesy, I definitely like the podcasts because it keeps my mind off the watch. Before I knew it, between the podcasts and the nice scenery outside at the park I am going to, the 30 minutes had gone by.

So, we'll see how it goes. I'm hoping that by Thanksgiving I can successfully run a 5k and hopefully shed some weight too! Anyone else up for it? Leave a comment to let me know you're doing it too.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I am doing it too! I think I might have a head start with 3 months of PT though, but I jog/walked 2miles yesterday and I am def out of cardio shape.

I am registered for the Hot Chocolate 5k on Dec 3 and the Jingle Bells 8k on Dec 11 if you want to join for either or both :) You and the poochies are welcome to come visit anytime!