Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad!

I am so thankful for a Dad who is and has been a great example. Who loves God above all and his family a close second. There was a quote I saw on Pinterest recently that said "it's not that my standards are high, it's just that my dad set a really good example for me". That is kind of how I feel!


He is always there to take my call when I have questions or when I'm freaking out because there is a mouse in my house! He laughs with me in the hilarious times of life (and we all agree there are a lot of those! But NOT when there is a mouse in your house!!) and sympathizes with me in the tough times. He is strong and gives good wisdom and is more patient than I could ever imagine to be!

I love being able to call and talk things over with him. The call usually begins with "I haven't heard from you in days" (even if I called just a few days prior!) and usually ends with us both laughing about something funny.

I am so thankful for a dad who is a dad...who does fun stuff with his kids like:

climb volcanoes,



do zip lines (multiple times!),




jump waves in the Pacific Ocean,


and take fun pictures.



And even though we may have our differences, I still love him!


He is not one to just sit in the easy chair and watch life pass by as he watches tv, he gets into life! Wherever that may be...

Happy birthday to a great dad... Friend, mentor, encourager, laugh buddy, and adventurer!

No comments: