Friday, January 30, 2009

I don't know what storm you're going through...

Last weekend at my church, we had Keith and Kristyn Getty. The Lord has blessed this Irish couple to write modern day hymns that in their words "teach the faith" and "create a more timeless musical style that every generation can sing, a style that relates to the past and the future."

The words below are one of those very hymns. I don't know what storm you are going through but...
"Jesus Draw Me Ever Nearer"

Jesus draw me ever nearer
As I labour through the storm.
You have called me to this passage,
and I'll follow, though I'm worn.

May this journey bring a blessing,
May I rise on wings of faith;
And at the end of my heart's testing,
With Your likeness let me wake.

Jesus guide me through the tempest;
Keep my spirit staid and sure.
When the midnight meets the morning,
Let me love You even more.

Let the treasures of the trial
Form within me as I go -
And at the end of this long passage,
Let me leave them at Your throne.

Music by Keith Getty; Words by Margaret Becker
Copyright © 2002 Thankyou Music

No comments: