Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake here...really?

This afternoon just before 2pm, I noticed that Polly was really following me around for a little while and kept wanting to go outside, but that just seemed to be like her. Finally, after I finished up what I was doing, I let the dogs outside. As soon as I was outside, I noticed that the back door (which was not closed, just cracked) and windows were shaking. I thought it was kind of weird, maybe a gust of wind (it was a little windy at that time) or maybe just pressure had built up from me having the door open. It went on for a little while but not too much to cause me to think much about it since it had stopped.

I came back inside after a little while and checked facebook and saw reports of earthquake...what?? Turned on the TV and saw the CBS news report of a 6.0 earthquake in Mineral, VA which is near Richmond, VA. OH...so THAT'S what the shaking was! Now, hearing reports as far up as Canada and as far south as South Carolina and Georgia.

So, maybe Polly isn't crazy afterall. I have always heard that animals seem to have an instinct on things like that. When the tsunami happened a few years back, there were reports of animials moving inland to escape. It makes me wonder now if Polly was sensing something happening and wanted to get out of the house...

Interesting day to say the least!

No comments: